- Lead Risk & Compliance @ Bitstack to help us build the best bitcoin savings app in Europe
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full-time position
- Paris-based (Station F) but remote-friendly
About Bitstack 🚀
Bitstack's mission is to empower people to build better saving habits in a more open financial world. That’s why we started with a simple and automated bitcoin savings app. Bitstack rounds up your purchases and saves the spare change in bitcoin. We are finally making saving in bitcoin fun, effortless and accessible to everyone.
Bitstack is backed by VCs like Founders Future, Plug & Play Tech Center and angel investors from leading companies like Ledger, Alan, Swile and more. We are building a product our users love and we are just getting started!
Bitcoin is a radically new way to store and transact value. It is the first open and borderless monetary network with a fixed supply of 21 million, making bitcoin the most scarce asset ever. Check out why we believe so strongly about Bitcoin at https://bitstack.fr/bitcoin!
About the role 👋
Bitstack’s risk & compliance team is focused on managing the implementation of our AML-CFT policy and positioning Bitstack at the forefront of our evolving regulatory landscape.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and our customers
- Manage the implementation of our AML-CFT policy and maintain it up to date
- Develop and update our risk classification system
- Analyze identified suspicious activity
- Monitor and update the lists used for the implementation of due diligence obligations
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements
- Ensure regulatory monitoring for our client base, handle complex KYC cases & client alerts
- Monitor service providers, changes in e-money, payments & digital assets regulation and asses their impact on our activities
- Ensure that all company processes and procedures are in line with all applicable regulations
- Enforce internal controls & train employees on compliance related subjects
- Be the primary compliance contact with all external partners and maintain partner relationships
- Scale the Risk & Compliance team to support our growth
Skills we are excited about ⭐
We are looking for people that are genuinely friendly and ambitious.
- Experienced - 3+ years in a senior Compliance management role, ideally in Fintech or other financial institutions, with experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Certified & Knowledgeable - You are AMF certified (or similar) and have excellent knowledge of the regulations in e-money (EMI), payments (PSD2, PSP) and digital assets (DASP, MiCA) to ensure that we are always compliant
- Team player - you are humble, open to challenge, and like to help others grow. The most important is the progress of the team and the product
- Owner mentality - You like to take initiative and find new creative solutions to problems
- Perpetual learner - You are excited about talking to users, potential partners, learning about our finance in general
- Fluent in French & English
Bonus points 📈
- You are passionate about Bitcoin & personal finance
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
Company benefits ☀️
- Location: Paris (Station F) or Remote
- Competitive package & meaningful equity grant
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance with Alan Blue (100% employer contribution)
- Bitstack Plus for free & exclusive swag
- Monthly team activities
Hiring process ⚙️
- Call with our CEO
- A test task that is similar to tasks you would do on a daily basis
- Meet the rest of the team
- Decision time!
How to apply ❓
Tell us why you want to join Bitstack and why you generally care about the problem we’re solving. Share with us what excites you, what you’ve built in the past, and how you envision your role at Bitstack.